It Was Time: First Graveside Visit

I've been meaning to post these for a few  months now- but they were on Rhodric's phone, and I didn't really know what to say. I don't even remember exactly what I was thinking or feeling. It had been a rough day, and when R got home I told him I was ready to go to Lonnie's grave. 

It's been almost 3 years and I hadn't gone yet. R had always told me he would take me whenever I was ready, or keep the girls so I could go alone... But I knew I didn't want to go alone. His mom was amazing and came right over to put the girls to bed. 

Such a beautiful night! Look at the mountain! Callie's beautiful hodge podge bouquet was still there from a few weeks before. Made me smile. 

R trimmed the grass around the grave stone. I cried and laughed and just about slept. It was a good step. 






Comments

Popular Posts