Lonnie Days

On Saturday last, I had one of which I have come to call 'Lonnie Days.' They come like a thief in the night, when you least desire or expect them, yet somehow you are glad to succumb to them. I hesitate to tell of this day because other than the sequence of physical events that occurred on it, I understand it very little. But I do know that I want to remember it, and maybe recounting at least the motions we went through to get through the day will help me with interpreting it in the future.

A tearful morning. They started flowing pretty much as soon as I sat up in bed. Somehow I managed to get dressed...and Rhodric must've dressed Gwenna because I don't remember. I couldn't stop crying and we knew we needed to get out of the house. It was a beautiful day.

We drove down the hill and caught the little train that runs through downtown. G liked this very much. She is very interested in trains right now. We road for awhile, unsure of our plans or destination. I must add here, that i had indeed managed to stop crying. Finally we decided to find a coffee shop and part ways for a bit. I left R and G at Tully's where they had a fun date that ended at a toy store.

I tied my scarf a little tighter and headed to Mad Hat. The only place I could think to go. Mad Hat is a little tea shop tucked away downtown. Lonnie spent countless hours there, and had become excellent friends with the owner. He displayed a lot of his photography and print work there as well. I spent some impressively unproductive time with my notebook while drinking tea and watching passers by. As I felt an uncontrollable wave coming I hurried to pay and off to find my loves.

We finished the day with dinner at my parents. I curled up next to the fire with Xandra and warmed that corner of my heart that only a sister can reach. Then home to bed and the comfort of Husbands warm arms.















Comments

  1. Love and hugs - I pray for you all everyday and have "mini" Lonnie days of my own still. Wish I was close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course as I'm reading and listening on pandora, I'll Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab came on. One of my favorites. I'm thankful for Rhodric and Gwenna to be near you and for God's love and presence in our lives. Praying for you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my brother (the oldest of 6 siblings) when I was 10 in 1969. I still have days when he is fresh in my mind and I miss him terribly. My comfort lies only in knowing that I will see him again and it will be marvelous. God will heal through your tears, let them flow. Psalms 56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? See Barnes Notes for a compelling commentary. Hugs sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Tori. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! prayers are needed daily, and I love sharing my heart with you all. Lydia, I had no idea about your brother and am so sorry. It is deep pain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts