Taking the Victories

I have been meaning to post this for a few days. On Thursday afternoon I was enjoying this idyllic moment: Gwenna playing sweetly with clay and chatting with me while I made gluten free energy/granola bites in a clean (a rarity for me) kitchen. Amelia napping and then happy for a little bit when she did wake up. It felt like I was walking on clouds! 
Then I went to put something away in the office- and.... Well, just look at the picture below and you can guess how I might have felt. I was suddenly confronted with an number of emotions to chose from; frustration with myself for not being able to keep things together, frustration with Amelia for undoing everything I do manage to get done, despair.... I could go on. But I looked behind me and saw the sweetness I was just basking in- and managed to ignore those taunting emotions and just close the office door. Yes, I need to figure out how to tackle that room and continue finding what kind of housekeeping works for me... But sometimes, it's far more profitable to just take the victories that sit right in front of you. Sure I've got leaps and bounds to go, but also, right here is pretty beautiful. I am not settling, but being thankful for the blessings I have and having faith that  God will bless my desire to grow in the home making department! 

This:


But also this!









Comments

Popular Posts