Perfect Beauty

Sometimes the beauty of someone overwhelms me. Most often it is one of my children. 

Today Gwenna was playing on the couch accross the room from me and I was just trapped, transfixed by her perfect beauty. Play dough on her dress, sliver in her finger, unclipped toe nails, unkempt hair. Perfect beauty. Big blue eyes, curious little fingers, beautiful olive skin, impish little smile. Perfect beauty. 

As I watched her, I slowly reached in my pocket and slid the screen up to turn on the camera. Just then her head snaps up and we lock eyes... For probably a full minute before I lift my phone and snap a picture, and she asks if she is in fact allowed to lay on the back of the couch. When I say yes, I get that smile that makes my heart leap for joy. And then she's back in whatever world she was a moment ago, and my presence is forgotten. 

I pray that I will always have the bold love to tell her how perfectly beautiful she is. And I pray I will always be able to say little things that bring that smile to her lips. 


Comments

Popular Posts