A Living Room!

So, I love my house. Of course there are still lots of things we would like to improve or alter, but I am so happy to have a home to surround our little family that honestly I don't notice the things we want to change. We are dreamers and love spending time talking about all of the things we could do and places to go... But at the end of the day, if doing any of that sacrificed any element of our family's happiness or security- I would pass.

Another angle is that I don't like to start a project unless I know exactly what the outcome will look like, and I know I will love it. 

As a result of these two things, I often don't tackle even small projects that would make us happy and more at home... *cough* trying to work on that...

Our living room is the perfect example. When we moved in we didn't bring any of our old furniture with us- and so we spent the first few months slowly finding pieces we both love... The only thing we had real trouble with was pictures. Both Rhodric and I have pretty specific taste, and taste that doesn't always pair well together. But on a recent family thrift date, he found a set of four (actually there were about a dozen but we only bought four) framed photographs taken by the same photographer that we both love! 

These pictures were the completing element of the wall arrangement I had in my mind. I had accumulated all the other pieces ages ago but wouldn't hang them until we could hang it all. Although five months of bare walls was a tad... Plain...
It was worth the wait to have something complete! I love our home! 








R wanted me to get a picture of the antler light fixture... 

Gwenna found these little christmas elves at an estate sale yesterday and was sure our christmas decor would not shine without them. 







Comments

Popular Posts