The ER, 36 weeks and A Tea!


What a weekend! 

Friday: 
G and I had a lovely morning staying home. It's the only way to avoid (and even so it doesn't always work) needing a nap by 10 am. Rose and Blair came for a visit and Rose have me a much needed hair cut (cutting back on shower time and  massive ounces of conditioner seems like a good start on saving for the endless number of diapers we are about to need!). Come nap time I dozed off immediately, unlike Gwenna dear who after five minutes of playing in bed came down and woke me up to take her potty (no, she didn't actually go). I don't know if it was from being woken up right after I fell asleep, some hidden anxiety, lack of iron or what but I woke up with my heart racing way faster than it should have been (later I found there is a name for this, but of course I can't remember right now). This continued and got so bad I called my mom and before I knew it three sisters were at my house (this, my friends, is beautiful!) so I wouldn't be alone until R got home. Walking more than a few feet made me want to crumple. 

Ok this is getting long.... I will try to summarize more...

After consulting the on call midwife in the evening, as things had not improved, we left G with my mom who came to spend the night and headed in, expecting to be home in a few hours... It turned into 18 of the longest hours ever invented. In those hours *Saturday* we did a lot of waiting and testing and ruling out. The scariest was the few hours they said I might have a blood clot in my lung, thankfully didn't. 
The cardiologist gave us the green light to go home around 1pm on Saturday. But no one could figure out which Dr. Needed to sign my discharge papers until about 7pm. 

It was long and intense, but we were thankful for insurance and that we went in! Oh yes, my heart rate did eventually fall back to normal around 6:30am on Saturday.

Sunday: 36 weeks!!!
Hooray! Even though we want her to cook a little bit longer, now we can relax and know that if our girl comes now, she will be more than ok! I've also been counting down to this marker because my sisters had a little tea planned for me. These glorious moments are when we bid our men and children farewell for a few hours and seize the increasingly rare opportunity for sister talk( this includes cousins and moms:)... Amazing food that we don't have to share bites of is a pretty large part. I didn't capture nearly enough pictures of this. Pictures wouldn't do it justice anyway, but here is me at 36 weeks, my nephew Gideon with his cousin, and Morgan's four leaf clover that she found. 

After everyone left and Rhodric and Gwenna returned, R and I  sat outside and watched G try to dump water on bumble bees for an hour. Glorious!
 
Best ice pellets ever! 

Our view from our room

Ever patient and understanding. Love this man.

 
Finally going home!

The pram!








Comments

Popular Posts