Beach Days

Hitting a point at which I am moving at new level of slow. At 8 months I feel surprisingly smaller than I did with G, and attribute this to 1, having G to keep up with and 2, being of gluten this time round... A little harder to indulge in donuts when there are none around that won't make you sick! So smaller, but still feels a bit like carrying the world... Heavy! Any walking or too many trips up the stairs bring on some very real Braxton hicks and nap needs.

On Tuesday, I had been determined to have a home day, but the sun came out so beautifully, I could not help but take G to the beach. We hadn't been yet this summer and I was dying to see her experience it. We called Rachel and Lael to join us, and even Xan popped down after class to sit for a bit.

We were able to achieve both fun in the sun and some down time because the girls are finally old enough to venture down to the waters edge alone and are becoming excellent at self entertainment!

Afterwards Lael came home with us, and the girls had their first nap together since they were newborns! It began with them nearly nose to nose, whispering secrets only two year olds can dream up. Eventually it did slip into slumber.





























Comments

  1. I just love all this Arnold-cousin-love! Makes me a little teary and mindful of Arnold sibling love. I just can't get enough of the new batch :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts