Real Life

Real life moves to fast when you need it to move slow! And go figure, too slow when you need it to move fast. So here's to enjoying the bursts and drags it throws at you.

Real life means your baby gets sick and then so do you and though it seems to take forever, you both do get better again. And when you do, a walk to the library for a first outing is a great idea.

One reality of life is that sometimes, wearing something you like really does make your day go better.

Real life means that when your husband starts a new job you find the energy to make a cake and celebrate even though you feel too tired... And it's worth every second of lost nap to have a little family party.

Real life means that despite your fears and worries, if Jesus wants you to make it to your second trimester and feel your baby move, you will!

Living a real life is enjoying the big and small, joyful and hard things God hands you. It also means throwing together a sloppy blog post from your phone because who knows when you'll be alone with the computer next.

I can't caption the pictures so enjoy deciphering the different outings and moments we've enjoyed! Here are a few descriptions, I will try to post the pictures in the following order:
- our first outing after the sickness. A lovely walk to the library
- my outfit: layers with floral and flannel and a blazer, and my favorite new boots! No bending over required to put them on! I am trying to get creative and make my real clothes work as long as possible(:
- Rhodric's first day at his new job, we baked a cake to surprise him. The best was G trying to say "surprise!" as he came up the stairs
- enjoying said cake.
- our growing baby
- G has discovered that daddy can't put her to bed when she gives him back rubs and head scratches(:





































Comments

  1. Tori --
    Your post "truths" were "really" beautiful. The pics: I especially love the cake atop the rain boots at the top of the stairs, waiting with that practiced, "surprise," and getting that wonderful kiss!! (mail in hand) So like a movies!! Wait. Is that real? Yes! It's what we all love (and why the movies copy and repeat those real life shots). Thank you for sharing your real life, movie-like moments of love! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...Tori...You are fabulous! The one of G and Rhodric and the cake homecoming is PRICELESS! Your baby is just way to delicious and adorable and you are such a fun, cute mamma. Most days I wish I could live in Portland, but somehow still be close enough to be your 3rd-string babysitter :) I'm so happy I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies! it's feedback that motivates me to keep blogging, so thank you!!! I keep praying that I will show a balance of the hard and easy and our thankfulness for both! Amy I wish that too, but we are determined to make a trip down soon and will definitely be coming over(=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts