A Sigh of Relief

This is one of those posts that some may not want to read... It is hard to be cryptic once you get rolling with pregnancy complications, but I shall try to be tasteful at least.

So we found out we were in fact pregnant on Thanksgiving. A bit later, at 5 weeks pregnant, I thought, in fact I was quite sure that I had miscarried. A doctor's visit and a few days and blood draws later proved that I had not. My hcg levels were rising and everything seemed to be in order. The doctor ordered an ultrasound just to see if there was anything glaring. The evening after my ultrasound, the doctor in radiology called and said he was looking at the pictures and saw a smallish clot indicating that the bleeding that had caused me to think I was miscarrying was from a subchorionic hemmorage. A what? I know, I had to google it too. Basically it means that the placenta tears away from the uterus.The tears very in degree and thankfully mine was not too bad.

Weeks go on, now at 10.5 weeks and another bad episode occurs. I have enough wits about me (by that I mean I have a good husband whispering sense into my ear) to not totally freak out because this could very well be related to what happened 5 weeks ago. We call the consulting nurse and rest for the day (this was yesterday, Sunday) and then went in this afternoon. My mother was kind enough to have Gwenna spend the night, and my sister had her over for a play date all morning, so Rhodric and I were able to have some quiet time alone together. We went to lunch and did crossword puzzles to pass the time. The midwife was very sweet and felt like an older aunt. She was very reassuring and wanted to get straight to listening to Baby so our minds could be at ease. Almost as soon as she placed the wand on my belly we heard the very distinct THUMP THUMP THUMP of a little baby heart going crazy in there. Such smiles and relief! Thank you, Jesus!

Most subchorionic hemotomas resolve themselves by the beginning of the second trimester and don't require bed rest. Although the midwife did order pelvic rest until everything is resolved... Lets just say my hormones are not making this an easy task. We were blessed with such an easy pregnancy with G, these bumps are taking us for quite a little ride, but in the long run, they will be worth it!

Sunday 1/6/13 Ten and half weeks

Waiting for the midwife, so thankful Rhodric was waiting with me

Yea baby!
Home and Happy. G is just happy because I gave her a lollipop




Comments

Popular Posts