Poker Night

With Rhodric and I both having big, busy families, we miss getting to hang out with some of our dear siblings! We see them at our parents and in passing but there is always someone ten or under chiming or climbing (literally) into any conversation you might have been able to start.

So on Monday night we had Desmond (Rhodric's brother), and my Xan and CJ over for stew and poker. Gwenna was delighted when they showed up and was generous enough to provide us with toddler entertainment during dinner before she went to bed. She loves her uncles dearly, and shows it by being extremely rude and scornful to them. We are hoping she grows out of this.

Once G was bedded down we pulled the table out and turned cranked up the music. The boys had to refresh Xan and I on the rules of the game.

The picture below of Rod and Xan: we were talking about how blind they both are and how their prescriptions are opposite. So they switched glasses and can you tell or what?!

It was a laughter filled late night and when all had finally gone, we got to sit back and talk about how much we enjoyed these siblings. They used to seem so little and now they are real friends to us. What blessings!

I suppose I should as that Rhodric won. But I got my feet ylotioned because of it, so no complaints here!













Comments

Popular Posts