A Sniffly Monday

Yesterday, G woke up coughing and her little nose was dripping like a faucet! We decided we would have a home day... I managed to scrape together enough rid bits to through in the crock pot so we didn't have to worry about dinner or anything. It was a lovely day. She cried a bit more than usual, but it was always pitiful tears, which I don't mind a bit when she's feeling under the weather. She also discovered that when she coughed for longer than 2 seconds, I instinctively said, "my poor baby!" This she liked very much and so the coughing bouts came regularly. It was so good to sip tea with her and watch her learn and explore her toys. No one to share with, no bed time to worry about, she just enjoyed each little thing. I hope to have more of those sort of days.









Comments

  1. I once read a book called "For the Family's Sake" which was, on the whole (but not completely), a great book for moms on creating a home. I really appreciated how the author outlined home-life for little ones. It really brought home to me how much the little people need and love "home days" and routine and such. You'd probably like it - I'm pretty sure your mom recommended to me in the first place! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts