Contentment, Pumpkins and Pictures; a thought pondered and a memories made.

First the thought about contentment. I was enjoying a rare serenely peaceful moment yesterday, curled up on the couch feeding Amelia, fire crackling and Gwenna playing sweetly on the floor catching up on my sister in law's blog. http://lhirondellerouge.com/lhirondellerouge/stacks-of-books-for-fall This post in particular; beautiful pictures, and summaries that make you want to spend the whole day reading! It made me remember how much I love reading and start thinking of when I could possibly get back to the library to get one of these books to curl up with! Then the voice of reality confronted my daydreaming. The only things i've read since Amelia was born is WebMD, children's books allowed and interrupted bits of the Bible. For a moment I was disheartened... but it was impossible to remain so while watching Gwenna's imaginative that was in full throttle down at my feet. 
There will be a time for books of more than one hundred pages, but today, and for this season I have a little girl, soon to be two little girls, with a beautiful mind just waiting to be filled with more characters, settings and details to fill her games with. So look forward to some posts on children's literature soon as I am feeling rather inspired! How freeing to remember that being content with this season of life doesn't mean sitting back and twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to pass, but giving myself wholly to it and letting myself enjoy and learn from every moment!

Now, Pumpkins! 
Rhodric's grandparents grew the girls their own personalized pumpkins! Carving their names into them weeks ago when the pumpkins were very small. So fun and Gwenna loves her's... though she can't really tell them apart (=

We also made our first attempt of a family photo with all four of us. It was quite a disaster and I love every one of them! 






photo credit: Gwenna
photo credit: Gwenna













T-bone


Comments

Popular Posts