Sunshine in the Rain


About a week ago I sat down to blog about my beautiful new nephew Gideon. Since then, I have sat down to blog about him and other things, and every time Gwenna wakes from her nap just in time to stop me. Frustrating? At first yes, but look at this girl! The photos of her are the moments after she comes out of our room, dazed with an elephant under one arm and two pacifiers in her other hand.

The past few weeks have been challenging ones for me. I have felt darkness relentlessly attacking and trying to get a good hold on me. But thank Jesus, He and my dear family, have been even more relentless in their love and light. So many things in this life are dark and sad and painful... but so many more things are beautiful, inspiring and joy bringing!!! Here are a few of those things!


Gideon Lonnie. Little bundle of fresh nephew. 


Silly girl, fresh from her nap.




Always looking for special containers for her pacifiers.






Now this photo I love! Not only does G look like the cutest Sasquatch ever, but the way the last light of the day hits her toy shelves. The mess of their contents strewn all over, but the carefully placed arrangement she worked at perfect on the shelves. So beautiful.


Even his shadow is attractive! We've been spending the evenings lounging about our room, talking, reading, napping by lamp light. It is our newest and most successful method of helping G go to bed. 

Comments

Popular Posts