Little Brother

I don't even know where to begin! I am sure that losing one of the three men I have always called 'brother' has made me appreciate the remaining two more than most sisters might.

I cannot continue blogging without dedicating a post to my favorite 15 year old ever. CJ isn't only an awesome and caring uncle, he is the most thoughtful highschool boy I've ever known!
This past Saturday he texted me asking how I was doing/feeling and how the little baby was growing. Not wanting to overwhelm his caring spirit with the whole load of emotions I was working through, I just gave him a small slice: I was struggling with low energy and sad that I couldn't do more. I was discouraged because I felt like I had to keep asking Rhodric for help an he was never getting a break... First of all, how many 22 year old married moms are blessed enough to call their teenage brother, friend?

If you thought he was sweet for asking, just you wait! His response brought me to tears. He offered to come over right then and do whatever I needed. He said it wouldn't be any trouble because he wanted to just talk anyway. Yea. Love.

This guy has a busy school schedule, does volunteer tutoring, keeps up with 2 busy little sisters, 2 nieces and a nephew and still makes time to go out of his way to take care of his sisters.

Thank you Jesus! I hope Rhodric and I raise our children to be like their uncle!

-pictures 1 and 2 are from Rose's wedding in December. And the third is one of the last pictures Lonnie took of CJ.





Comments

Popular Posts