A Thrifty Response

I have been wanting to do a few focussed posts and take a short break from reflection and narrative because, well frankly, I cannot follow my own train of thought and think it would be unfair to ask my readers to attempt such a task! So I have been debating between sharing some of my favorite recent thrift finds and maternity style. Then my sister in law (R's older sister) and her blog partner posted a thrift post in their blog that you can find here: http://lhirondellerouge.com/lhirondellerouge/thrifts They had lots of brilliant finds and wanted others to share their own. So this is a post in response to theirs! Enjoy and be inspired!

It was hard to pick what find to share, so I decided to stick with my most recent finds!

I love this whole shelf, and the two above it for that matter, the two flour canisters are my featured items though. I especially love the copper one. It has a few good dents that make it most endearing!
Gig Harbor Goodwill


I bought this lovely with three others to match it. There were eight and everytime we use them, which is daily now, I wish I had got the extra four. I love everything about it and it inspires me to cook dinner which is an added bonus!
Tacoma Goodwill


Almost everything in this photo was thrifted. I love finding boxes and tins to hold and hide the most ordinary clutter. The newest addition here is the green case. It was made to be a jewelry box, but I took the tray out and we use it to pack some of G's play mobiles in when I take her with me to doctors appointments and such. It is perfect because the velvet lining keeps it from being too loud, and she loves getting to carry it about, and the loads of compliments that are showered on her as a result from every other person we pass by.
Seattle Goodwill


This is my prize find of the past few months! Beautiful Dooney and Bourke leather satchel.
I have come to realize that I am a bit obsessed with thrifted leather purses because this makes 5.  It was $4.99,  how could I pass it up?!
Gig Harbor Goodwill




This last photo contains four finds really.
1. The most recent: Black rain boots that fit like they were made for my feet!  -Tacoma Goodwill
2. Grey wash stretch skinny jeans. They aren't maternity, but they have an elastic waist. A life saver. -Seattle Goodwill
3. The bag is one of my five leather bags that I can't get enough of. This one is here to stay because it is perfect for carrying my hand gun, which I do not carry yet, but will very soon if my husband has anything to say about it... and he does. -Renton Goodwill
5. The credit for this jacket goes entirely to my sister, Rachel. She just gave it to me and it will definitely be featured in  the coming maternity style post, even though I will only be able to zip it for another day or so. It's that amazing. -Bremerton Goodwill (I think)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts