A New Challenge!

The exclamation point at the end of the title is entirely to help boost my own pitiful spirit. A few weeks back I went to the doctor to see about a strange skin-welting problem, they determined (I must accredit my mother in law here, for she diagnosed me before the doctor) to be dermagraphia. Google it, it's quite interesting unless you have it. Anyway, they said I was allergic to something I was eating but they didn't know what. For once I didn't feel proud for having an answer. Two of my sisters have an undiagnosed gluten allergy, that manifested itself first with some strange skin/swelling problem followed by intestinal distain towards gluten. After a week trial, I have regretfully discovered my own intestines share their distain for the stuff!

Though it is taking me a bit longer than I would like, I am determined to make the best of it and find new, exciting, yet slightly inferior ways to enjoy the foods this life has to offer. At least I still have butter!

Photo credit here goes to Rhodric, sadly it may take months of being gluten free to find out if gluten is the trigger for dermagraphia. Here's to hoping it is and that's the only allergy I have got!

Comments

Popular Posts