Half Birthdays

Today is my half birthday. I love half birthdays because they feel like a secret. Facebook doesn't announce them, you have to care about someone enough to figure out theirs and remember it. Everyone tells you happy birthday on your real birthday but it means something more when someone wishes you well exactly 6 months later. Ironically, I think it's very silly when people celebrate things like their 6 month dating anniversary and other made up milestones like that. I wouldn't claim that my philosophy on the subject is very logical. I love that every enjoyable thing you do on your half birthday feels like it's a little celebration, even though nobody knows. It's just lovely. Today one of those little celebrations was waxing my eyebrows during G's nap! Such a good feeling!

Comments

  1. Alas! This was yesterday's post but it didn't actually go through until today. My half birthday was infact October 11th

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts