Back Log from June

Back log from 6/18/2012

A Moment From Our Monday: 

Gwenna ended her nap today by ending mine. I was still tired and rather groggy, the kind you get from getting woken abruptly when you've just actually plunged into sleep... But I didn't mind. We were just sitting on the floor in the living room waking up and playing with each other. Then it happened. She looked at me with what I call her mischief demons dancing in her eyes. Then she ran and climbed on the couch and stood up tall and just stood there staring at me. I stared back. We were both asking ourselves the same question:" is mama too tired to stop baby?" we haven't set a rule about standing on the couch, she has to to look out the window... But her reason for it now was purely to challenge my will power. Was I up for the challenge? We stared at each other for about 10 seconds. 10 long seconds. Baby made the first move, a little shoulder twitch. I copied it. She did another and through a little hip in with it. We both began to smile. I quickly reached over and turned on pandora, Aretha Franklin swooped in to give us a beat with Respect. The next 3 minutes were amazing. Dancing and laughing. The impromptu dance party ended almost as quickly as it began. Baby was back to busily getting into and onto whatever she could, but I remember those few blissful moments when all she wanted was to see my eyes and have me see hers.

Comments

Popular Posts