Leavenworth: a deep breath

Going into this past weekend seemed daunting. The last few days of the week were emotional to say the least. Full of heart ache, fighting waves of fear, and both good and hard memories of a brother lost. 

Then my sister suggested a spontaneous trip to Leavenworth for Saturday... It was perfect. The weather was gorgeous, and it was just the break our hearts needed. A day out of normal duties and routines to enjoy each other and venture into feeling some of the emotions that are too fragile to feel on a normal day when as soon as they are felt might get trampled by the next appointment or play date or shopping list. 

Up by the river, surrounded by mountains my heart was just able to open a little bit, take a breath, and this psalm that I don't remember memorizing but must have when I was young just poured out into my mind. 

Psalm 121

121 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.



Sometimes Rachel and I just marvel at how blessed we are to have these two men... And so thankful that they are friends!

Flowers in hair from the big girls, babies on our back, because they aren't as big as they think they are

This girl did not have one accident on the whole trip!

photo credit: Rachel. A candid remake of an old photo of my grandma

Photo credit: Rachel. I adore this. everything about it. 

Grainy, but so perfect. She could not believe she was getting to play at the river in her undies! 

beautiful cousins! the essence of childhood. thanks Rach for getting this!

Had to share this series of Gwenna and Lael. 



get over here cousin so i can tell you a secret!

listening...

processing...

whatever it was, it was hilarious!





Comments

Popular Posts