Wedding Dress

While unpacking one of the last boxes the other night, we had an interesting exchange with Gwenna. She loves princesses and fancy gowns as much as the next girl, so when I found my wedding dress, I had no doubt she would be pleased. She seemed thrilled and agreed I should try it on. It fit better than it did at our wedding! Of course what naturally followed was R and I dancing and reminiscing before Gwenna interrupted asking about where she was at wedding. And if I was her mommy then. Our answers wholly disgruntled her and soon she was repeating, "mom please take it off. You should take that off now." 

A bit later, when I was all changed, I asked her if she had liked it. Her response was something like, "exactly I did... But I just am not sure who you are in that." Somehow she felt robbed of her mommy. It was very sweet but equally sad!

Photo credit: a disgruntled Gwenna

Comments

Popular Posts