Four Years of Freedom.

***please read entire post so you realize I am NOT saying that living with my wonderful parents was oppressive!***

Yesterday was our fourth anniversary! 
We celebrated it a few days early by leaving girls with generous family and heading to Seattle to stay on an old pirate sloop. Dilapitated bathroom (or should I say head?) aside, it was an absolute dream. It's really true that before children you can't fully understand the beauty of being alone together. 

Thinking back on the past four years, I think one of the things I appreciate most about marriage is the Freedom to love. When you are both looking toward God, standing hand in hand and living in the light of the gospel- you are free to love that person next to you with no reserve.... I could go on and on about this but I want to upload some picture of our trip before the babes wake up.

Grabbing lunch and fresh fruit and meat for our stay.

In his element.

The Black Opal

How could I not sing somgs from Muppet Treasure Island?

Devouring Call The Midwife while R started the BBQ. It was perfectly warm and blustery.

Our view. 

Tintin?



R(pointing to a sailboat): now that beauty we could sail around the world!
Me: ha! I am sure it could, but I never will!
R: where is your sense of adventure woman?
Me: right here, next to the dock.


Comments

Popular Posts