On Another April 17th...

Five years ago tomorrow I shared a birthday party with two of my good friends, Priscilla and Rhodric.
When that party was almost over, as we all walked back to the house from the bonfire, R grabbed my hand (with cheeky boldness I might add), and as my hand first melted into his and then returned returned the squeeze, I knew amid the rush of 19 year old emotions that this was a hand I could hold through thick and thin.

Fast Forward...

Four years ago today, April 17th, after dating for six months, we headed out on a dreary evening determined to have our birthday picnic. As we slipped onto the closed seminary grounds to try to find shelter, I saw a lovely picnic blanket out with flowers and lanterns and candles hung in the tree above. "oh no someone already is set up here," I thought as I turned to go find another spot. But he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the blanket where he got down on one knee...

It's been four lovely, hard, growing, beautiful years since that day. I still get that feeling of security when he grabs my hand, and I don't just think I could hold it through thick and thin, I know I will.

I love this man.





Comments

Popular Posts