Can't Believe It's Not Gluten: Banana Bread

It's been about a year and a half since I went off gluten. Over this time I have attempted countless gf baked goods, some were utter failures but some won the compliment of Rhodric's phrase, "can't believe it's not gluten." This is the highest compliment. 

This morning I was determined to use three over ripe bananas and wanted to try something other than my slightly too gummy banana oat muffins. So I browsed different banana bread recipes and made a mash up of a different ones. 

It came out hot, puffy, and delicious smelling... I left the room while it cooled, sure that when I came back it would have fallen in on itself, but it didn't! 


So here it is! 

GF Banan Bread:
Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla

- 1 and 1/2 cup gf flour mix (I used 1/2 c white rice flour, 1/2c brown rice flour, 1/4 c tapioca starch, 1/4 c corn starch)
-1 tsp xanthum gum
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt

Instructions:
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease one loaf pan and line with parchment paper
- beat sugar and oil, then add in all other wet ingredients and mix well. 
- combine dry ingredients and mix into wet mixture
- pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 min.

I let it cool for 10 min before flipping out of pan. Enjoy!!!

Comments

  1. What is xanthum gum? (please tell me it is not abc gum your sister is "thum with" or something like that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS your profile has only one daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a common ingredient in gluten free foods... if you use regular flour, i would omit it completely!

    yes i need to update that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts