Spring and Summer Thrifting!

I have never loved Spring as much I love it this year. Somehow I never fully appreciated the hope that it brings; the bright buds peaking out all around, the green grass, the afternoons of sun and cool breezes, and the showers that feel refreshing, not freezing. It makes life less daunting and ever hopeful! G and I keep finding ourselves outside for alley walks. The alley we live on is quite beautiful and makes you feel like you are walking along a country road. Gwenna thinks it's her very own.

Spring also brings with it a turn in my thrifting focus. It's time to start looking for summer wear! I am not looking for much for myself at the moment, mostly just making things fit. I am sure I will need a few summer staples in a few months, but in the mean time I am loving shopping for G. I found these little mexican cowgirl boots a bit back and they finally fit. She loves how they clip when she marches about. My goal for her summer look is EASY, versatile, comfortable and Gwenna. I know that I will be moving slow this summer, so the easy is for me as well as my family who will no doubt be enjoying some extra time with our girl. I've decided that play dresses and rompers are where its at for her. So easy to pack and if you have one you have a whole outfit! I still need to find a versatile sandle for her, on easter it was nearly 70 degrees and the girl only had boots!

these boots


the shadow of her little head!


"Alley!!!"




Summer wardrobe in the making


Found these gems at an estate sale last week! Hoping to use the big one (original Pyrex) for yogurt once I try making it!

Comments

  1. I'm loving every picture I see of Gwenna in those red stripes. :) Keep on keeping on friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts