ARIZONA

Hello from the desert! I am taking a moment to jot while Amelia takes her last nap before we head home. 

Many people have asked me why I was going to Arizona. Every time I found myself gritting my teeth a little bit because I knew that "going to visit my aunt" would not carry the significance that the words really held. But I had to let that go and just know I'm my heart what it meant (and be so thankful that Rhodric knew what it would mean to me when he surprised me with the ticket!).

Anyway, I decided that since I wanted to post some pictures I would at least attempt to explain. Auntie Peggie has always been a little bit more than an aunt.  When CJ was little he appropriately called her his "mom like thing".... I couldn't put it any better. Growing up she hosted holidays and loved you like a normal aunt, but then she also lovingly followed up with you and encouraged you and corrected you without caring if it made you not like her just like a mom. 

When I grew up and begin to parent my own kids, I grew a new appreciation for people like this. Maybe because I see how much I still have to grow and how much potential my girls have and I want them to have all the support they can get. 

Between the grief of losing Lonnie and then this last summer my uncle, the pains and joy of growing older and into new phases of life, and the faith that we share in Jesus Christ, and the time together, not to mention the entertainment of Amelia, we literally talked, cried, sang and laughed together for 4 days straight!

I am so thankful for these days and the memories they hold! 






















Comments

Popular Posts